Patient services at the Pain Management and Research Centre
The Pain Management & Research Centre (PMRC) is a purpose designed clinical facility on the 9th floor of Royal North Shore Hospital constructed with funds donated by the business community and the general public.
- It is in a separate area to the main hospital
- both insured and non-insured patients are assessed and treated.
The activities of the Centre include:
- a large clinical service for acute, subacute, chronic and cancer pain (40,000 episodes of patient care per annum)
- group and individual patient services conducted by a multidisciplinary staff
- treatments include (alone and in combination) pharmacotherapy, electrical stimulation, radiofrequency ablations, psychological and physiotherapy management