Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine (PAAM) Teaching
- PAAM Term Dates
- PAAM Website, Assessment and Handbook
- PAAM Lecture Venue
- IT/Audio-Visual Support
- Using the Lectern and Audiovisual Facilities
PAAM Rotations are held in Terms B, C, D and E of each year.
|Term||Start Date||End Date||MCQ Exam Date|
|Term B||Monday March 17, 2014||Friday May 09, 2014||Thursday May 8, 2014|
|Term C||Monday May 19, 2014||Friday July 11, 2014||Thursday July 10, 2014|
|Term D||Monday July 21, 2014||Friday September 12, 2014||Thursday September 11, 2014|
|Term E||Tuesday October 7, 2014||Friday November 28, 2014||Thursday November 27, 2014|
PAAM students can access their learning materials on the Sydney Medical Program website (click Stage 3 then Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine):
http://smp.sydney.edu.au/ (unikey required)
The PAAM Handbook is available here:
http://smp.sydney.edu.au/compass/block/get/me/handbook/ref/20 (unikey required)
PAAM Assessment requirements are available here:
http://smp.sydney.edu.au/apps/cds/x/18844.html# (unikey required)
In 2014, PAAM lectures will be held at the following venue:
Lecture Theatre 1, Concord Clinical School
For Audio-visual and IT support when lecturing in Lecture Theatre 1, Concord Clinical School please use the phone next to the lectern.
- For IT/Audio-visual support call ext.
- For Video-Conferencing support call on ext.
To turn the data projector and screens on:
- Press the touch screen at the centre of the lectern to activate and control the system.
- If the data projector and screen are switched off, it will take about 30 seconds for the screen to lower and for the projector to warm up. To exit the system, simply press EXIT on the touch screen and follow the prompts.
- Insert your USB memory stick into the computer.
- Locate your PowerPoint presentation and open the file.
When viewing the screens from the audience, the videoconferencing screen will appear on the left-hand screen and the PowerPoint presentation will appear on the right-hand screen. Please do not swap these displays around.
AV Help Guides
Help guides are available here for assistance with using the lecture theatre lecterns and audiovisual facilities: