Semester 1 Orientation, 2015
Orientation for Semester 1
You have the option of undertaking your orientation to the School by attending our on-campus orientation and/or by working though our online orientation.
The online orientation can be accessed by logging into the University’s Learning Management System and accessing the Blackboard 2015 - SPH Student Support site. Once you have your UniKey you can login https://elearning.sydney.edu.au
On-campus orientation program
On-campus orientation will be held during the week commencing 23 February 2015 and will be comprised of a set of ‘Technical’ training sessions to help you come to grips with handling assessment requirements and conducting literature searches.
You can view and download the program
What you need to do:
- Go to the registration page to register for the technical training sessions. Numbers for each session are limited - register early in January so you don’t miss out.
- View and download the Orientation program
- (Optional) come to Room 329 (the Office for Teaching and Learning) in the Edward Ford Building to collect your SPH Orientation Guide (only limited printed copies) – a copy of this guide is also available to download on the SPH Student Support site .
- Attend the sessions and give us some feedback on the orientation sessions
- Register for the Welcome Day (see below)
Training Session Evaluation
After each training session you will be invited to submit your feedback via our online evaluation form.
Welcome Day - Saturday 28 February 2015
Saturday 28 February 2015
9:30am - 1:30pm
New Law School Annexe Building Lecture Theatre 101 - Map
Our Welcome Day gives you a chance to find out more about the School, its teaching and research and some of our key policies and procedures (for example the assessment policy). You will also find out about the support services the School/university offers.
The Welcome Day is a great opportunity for you to meet key staff members as well as your fellow students and ask any questions you may have.
We strongly recommend all new students attend this day. Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Registrations are essential
Download the Semester 1 2015 Welcome Day program and register at the Welcome Day registration page
Library Tutorial Information
The Library provides a range of programs and services to help you in your studies and research.
- Using the library
- How to reference
- Searching databases
EndNote Training for SPH students
This introductory session is designed for those with little or no experience with Endnote and covers: Introduction to EndNote, setting up a library and creating references, importing references into EndNote, managing citation and bibliographies in Word.
This session will be most relevant to students, staff and researchers with the School of Public Health.
Next sessions will 24 March 2015 and 27 March 2015