The University has clear guidelines relating to the supervision of higher degree by research students. These guidelines are stated in the Higher Degree by Research Students Policy 2013
The aims of the guidelines are:
- To ensure that students are supported to produce research of the highest national and international quality
- Enable students enrolled in research degrees to be part of an intellectually stimulating academic environment and receive effective supervision during their studies
- Provides a positive and proactive approach to research supervision
The four key message for research students and supervisors are:
- Communicate regularly.
- Be aware of the need for progress.
- Ensure you meet all compulsory criteria
- If you are unsure of your responsibilities, ask either the or the