Application procedures

Application process

All future students must first select a course, study program or research degree to apply for a place in that course or program.

All applications are required to be submitted online.

Your choice is between research degrees, coursework programs or non-award professional development short courses.

Before submitting your application, please ensure that all parts of the online application form have been completed.

Requirements for your CV including documenting overseas qualifications are detailed on the domestic students and international students pages.

Research Degrees

Before you apply for a research degree you must:

  • find a research topic and a supervisor to oversee your research
  • write a research proposal and then
  • submit your application online

Further details, including links to resources, are on the Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy pages.

Coursework programs

Explore the following coursework study programs.

Course Guides
Public Health   Master of Public Health (Professional Practice)
    Master of Public Health
    Graduate Diploma in Public Health
International Public Health   Master of International Public Health
    Graduate Diploma in International Public Health
Clinical Epidemiology   Master of Science in Medicine (Clinical Epidemiology)
    Master of Medicine (Clinical Epidemiology)
    Graduate Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology
    Graduate Certificate in Clinical Epidemiology
Biostatistics   Master of Biostatistics
    Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics
    Graduate Certificate in Biostatistics
Health Communication   Master of Health Communication
    Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
    Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
Health Policy   Master of Health Policy
    Graduate Diploma in Health Policy
    Graduate Certificate in Health Policy
Qualitative Health Research   Master of Qualitative Health Research
    Graduate Diploma in Qualitative Health Research
    Graduate Certificate in Qualitative Health Research
Indigenous Health Promotion   Graduate Diploma in Indigenous Health Promotion
Indigenous Health Substance Use Master of Indigenous Health (Substance Use)
    Graduate Diploma in Indigenous Health (Substance Use)
    Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Health (Substance Use)

Professional development short course applications

Professional development courses can be taken as non-award units or may count towards a study program depending on the unit of study and your application.

Go to the Professional development - short courses page for details.