The Australian Postgraduate Course in Neuropathology
This course is for trainees in pathology, neurology, neurosurgery and related disciplines and aims to provide an overview of the theoretical and practical aspects of neuropathology.
The course which runs for three days (ThursSat) is held in two parts on consecutive years. Topics covered are:
- Even years: trauma, neurodegenerative diseases, tumours, muscle diseases.
- Odd years: infections, demyelinative, vascular, metabolic and paediatric diseases.
Neuropathologists from around Australia will participate in teaching the Postgraduate Neuropathology course. From 2010 it will be held in semester break. It includes:
- slide sessions
- brain dissection demonstration
- Museum quiz
- clinicopathological case conferences.
- Location: Department of Pathology, Level 5, Blackburn Building
- Registrations: Open in January and attendance is limited to 30 participants.
- Confirmed dates for this year: July 1416 2011
- Tentative dates for 2012: July 1315
2011 Course Program
Please click here for the 2011 Australian Neuropathology Postgraduate Course Program.
- Cost: $990 including GST
- Download 2011 registration form - PDF
- Can be booked at Rydges, Missenden Rd. Camperdown (T: 02-9516 1522, F: 02-9519 4020) which is within walking distance to the course venue.
- The University is easily accessible by bus from city hotels.
Contact for further information
- T: Ms Sarah West (02) 9351 2410
- T: Professor Jillian Kril (02) 9036 7118