The Australian Postgraduate Course in Neuropathology
This course is for trainees in pathology, neurology, neurosurgery and related disciplines and aims to provide an overview of the theoretical and practical aspects of neuropathology.
The course is divided in two and is held over consecutive years. The course runs for three days (ThursSat) each year. Topics covered are:
- Even years: trauma, neurodegenerative diseases, tumours, muscle diseases.
- Odd years: infections, demyelinative, vascular, metabolic and paediatric diseases.
Neuropathologists from around Australia will participate in teaching the Postgraduate Neuropathology course. The course is held in the University mid year semester break. It includes:
- slide sessions
- brain dissection demonstration
- Museum quiz
- clinicopathological case conferences.
- Location: Discipline of Pathology, Level 5, Blackburn Building, D06
- Registrations: Open in January and attendance is limited to 30 participants.
- Confirmed dates for this year: July 12-14 2012
- Tentative dates for 2013: July 11-13
2012 Course Program
Please click here for the 2012 Australian Neuropathology Postgraduate Course Program.
- Cost: $990 including GST
- Registrations are closed for 2012.
- Please for enquiries about the 2012 course.
- Can be booked at Rydges, Missenden Rd. Camperdown (T: +61 2 9516 1522, F: +61 2 9519 4020) which is within walking distance to the course venue.
- The University is easily accessible by bus from city hotels.
Contact for further information
- T: NSW Tissue Resource Centre +61 2 9351 2410
- T: Professor Jillian Kril +61 2 9036 7118