How to apply for a Summer Research Scholarship
To apply for a Summer Research Scholarship, interested students should review the proposed projects and determine which ones they would like to apply for. On the application form you can nominate three (3) project preferences and if you wish you can ask to be considered for other projects if your are not successful in your first three choices.
Application Form -link will be available here once applications are open.
Students will be asked to fill out an online application. To complete the application you will be required to upload the following:
- a one page cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your interests in research
- your academic record (including certified academic transcript for current degree)
- your CV (A summary of your work experience and other relevant activities)
Applications may be saved and resumed at any time until Sept 21.
Academic Referees reports are also required. Students fill in section A- their details and then provide to the supervisor either on paper or electronically. Supervisors complete section B
Referees email the completed form directly to it is not returned to the student
Academic Referees Report- Referee's Report Form
International students are also required to attach a copy of their passport and visa.
Applications are not complete until all documents, including the academic referee's report, have been received.
Dean's Award Scholarships
For those first year MD students wishing to apply for the combined MD/MPhil scholarship, in addition to the above steps, further documents are required to be uploaded to the application. More information on the requirements of these can be found on the Faqs pages.
- A research proposal (approximately 2 pages in length) including a synopsis, objectives, methodology, resources required and references.
- A letter from you supervisor commenting on the applicant’s proposed research proposal and in particular
Applications for 2014 will open mid-August and close Sept 21
General Information for 2014/2015 scheme- PDF
For more information on all facets of the scholarships please see the FAQs tab above.
Please direct any queries to:
Research Support Officer
Office of Research and Research Training
Sydney Medical School
Edward Ford Building (A27)
University of Sydney NSW 2006
Phone +61 2 9114 0801