How to apply
To apply for a Summer Research Scholarship, interested students should review the proposed projects and determine which ones they would like to apply for. On the application form you can nominate two (2) project preferences and if you wish you can ask to be considered for other projects if your are not successful in your first two choices.
Application Form - Application Form - Closed
Academic Referees Report- Referee's Report Form
General Information for 2012/2013 scheme- PDF
Applications are now closed
Applications for the 2012/2013 round closed 18 September 2012.
Applicants should send one (1) electronic copy including:
- A completed Application Form
- A one page cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your interests in research
- Your academic record (including certified academic transcript for current degree)
- Your CV (A summary of your work experience and other relevant activities)
- A one page Referee's Report Form, using the available template, supporting your application. This should be sent separately by your referee
- International students are also required to attach a copy of their passport and visa.
- For those first year MBBS students wishing to apply for the combined MBBS/MPhil scholarship a Project Plan template with relevant documents- Project Plan template
Completed applications should be email :
Please direct any queries to:
Research Support Officer
Office of Research and Research Training
Sydney Medical School
Edward Ford Building (A27)
University of Sydney NSW 2006
Phone +61 2 9114 0801