Nepean Centre for Perinatal Care
The Nepean Centre for Perinatal Care was established in 2007 to promote research and education in the field of perinatal medicine.
The University Clinical Academics involved in the Centre include Professor Michael Peek, Professor Ralph Nanan, Professor Peter Dietz and Associate Professor George Condous.
Some of the research projects currently undertaken in the Centre include:
- POND Study (Prediction of Normal Delivery)
- EPINO Study: Can we prevent delivery-related pelvic floor trauma?
- An audit of Prolapse Surgery at Nepean Hospital 2002- 2008
- Risk factors for surgical failure after Monarc suburethral sling
- Urethral support and pelvic floor biomechanics
- Early pregnancy complications
- Smoking in pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia screening
- The role of T-lymphocytes in pre-eclampsia
- Prediction of neonatal withdrawal syndrome
The Centre offers regular educational workshops and updates in Perinatal Medicine to a broad range of health professionals and receives support for research and education from OZWAC – Australian Women & Children’s Research Foundation.
Professor Michael Peek
University of Sydney
PO Box 63
Penrith NSW 2751
Phone: +61 2 4734 3205
Fax: +61 2 4734 1817