The School of Rural Health's primary goals are to:
- deliver the clinical years of the Sydney Medical Program in a rural setting; and
- contribute to the increased recruitment and retention of medical practitioners in rural and remote Australia.
It achieves these goals by:
- offering accessible and flexible medical training programs of high quality and relevance;
- conducting research to improve rural health and practice;
- engaging effectively in regional governmental, professional and community consultations and initiatives; and
- assisting in the development of rural health policies.