Sydney Medical School scholarships and awards
Find out more about scholarships and prizes available from Sydney Medical School including:
- awards and scholarships for current and future students in the Medical Program
- awards and scholarships for postgraduate coursework students
- awards and scholarships for research program students
- postdoctoral fellowships
- travel scholarships
- Scholarships for Indigenous students and students of Indigenous Health
• our Research pages for funding including Summer Research scholarships
Vernon Barling Memorial Fellowship
Established in 1981 by colleagues of Eric Vernon Barling, MBE, MB BS, FRCS FRACS FACS, who died in a motor car accident in 1978 after having been for many years a clinical teacher in the Department of Surgery of the University.
The object of the Fellowship is to assist young surgeons in Australia who wish to undertake further clinical surgical training overseas prior to taking up hospital appointments in Australia.
Value: Up to $1,500 is available to assist with travel and/or living expenses.
Ms Ancella Cheung
Project Officer, Sydney Medical School
Conditions of award
Closing date: to be confirmed
How to apply: Applicants should submit a recent curriculum vitae, an outline of the proposed overseas research training program as well as copies of invitations from the overseas institution/s the applicant intends to visit to Ms Cheung, preferably electronically.