- Rowan Nicks Russell Drysdale Fellowship
- Herbert and Valmae Freilich Scholarship for Indigenous Australian Medical Students
Do you want to make a difference in Australian Indigenous Health?
The Rowan Nicks Russell Drysdale Fellowship is designed to support individuals wanting to make a contribution in the area of Australian Indigenous Health and Welfare. The Fellowship particularly aims to support the development of workers and future leaders in Australian Indigenous Health and Welfare.
Australian Indigenous people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Eligibility: Australian citizens or permanent residents who have appropriate prior experience and/or education and wish to undertake approved programs / activities OR further education OR a research project.
- Value: Up to $60,000 towards a salary, support or resources for a period of up to 12 months at a level commensurate with the Fellow's experience, qualifications and project proposal OR a stipend and/or payment of course-fees to undertake approved training, education or research.
- Further information: The Fellowship is awarded initially for a period of up to 12 months. Applications for 2015 are now open.
- Closing date: Friday 15 August 2014
- Download the application form (DOCX) and Terms and Conditions (PDF)
M 0418 251 864
*1953 Oil on canvas 50.8 x 61.0cm Used with kind permission of Art Gallery of NSW
Established in 2006 following gifts by Herbert and Valmae Freilich to establish a scholarship to assist indigenous students with their medical studies.
- Eligibility: candidates for the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery who identify themselves as indigenous students (under the conditions set out by the University’s Koori Centre).
- Value: $5,000 in the first instance (from time to time this will be adjusted to maximise the value of the scholarship without reducing the real value of the capital).
- Further information: See Terms and conditions - PDF
- Applications to:
Medical Program Administration Unit
Edward Ford Building A27
University of Sydney NSW 2006
- Closing date: 31 March each year