Archived Funding Schemes
- View the outcomes for these schemes
Cardiovascular Research Development Scheme 2008
The Medical Foundation and Sydney Medical School invited applications from research teams to develop initiatives in cardiovascular research within the Medical School and the University of Sydney. Funding is to commence in 2009.
The scheme was open to members of the academic staff of Sydney Medical School, including Emeritus and Honorary title holders and Conjoint and Clinical appointees, provided all their research productivity (e.g. grant applications, postgraduate research student supervision, publications) is submitted through and administered by the University.
The Medical Foundation was offering $200k pa which may be distributed in grants of up to $100k pa for 1-3 years or, in the case of an outstanding application, as a single grant of $200K pa for 3 years.
Applications for this scheme closed Monday 26 May 2008
Sydney Medical School Strategic Research Grants 2007
Sydney Medical School offered research grants of up to $50,000 for one year. These grants were intended to be investments in people and pilot projects that are likely to lead to major funding returns. In the awarding of these grants priority was given to early career researchers and new staff, rather than established researchers and those with existing grant funding. Funding is for 2009.
These grants address four categories of applicant:
- Applicants from Sydney Medical School in the ARC and NHMRC 2007 round who just failed to obtain funding from a Category 1 scheme and who were not offered a “near-miss” grant from the DVC (Research)
- Research staff of long-standing (below RF level) who require 1 year bridging support
- Support required for maintenance of critical breeding colonies following loss of grant support
- Support for pilot studies, particularly from ECRs, consistent with the School, Medical School and University research priorities and likely to provide data which will enhance prospects for future grant applications.
Applications for this scheme closed Wednesday 7 November 2007.
Sydney Medical School Research Infrastructure Scheme 2007
This scheme, previously called the Major Equipment scheme, is for research infrastructure proposals which can encompass items of research equipment or research-related building works costing $50,000 or more. Funding is for 2008.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the project will achieve productivity gains and preference will be given to applications which leverage external funding.
The applicant and relevant School or Precinct will be expected to contribute a minimum of 25% of the total GST-exclusive cost. In assessing the applications consideration will be given to the extent that external grants further decrease the Medical School's contribution and to the strategic value of the equipment or project proposed.
Applications for this scheme closed Thursday 23 August 2007.