Sydney Medical School offers a Doctor of Medicine (MD) program. There are two study pathways:
Our Graduate Medicine MD program is designed to provide an excellent education and training platform on which to build a career in medicine, training excellent clinicians who will provide competent, diligent and ethical care to the community.
Our students receive extensive clinical training, with exposure in a clinical environment from the second week of their studies. This takes place in our clinical teaching hospitals, which are located all around Sydney and NSW. The basic sciences are extensively covered especially in years 1 and 2.
- Clinical training in leading NSW hospitals
- Years 1 & 2 are primarily on campus, whilst years 3 & 4 are in clinical schools
- We aim to equip you with high-level clinical skills and knowledge so you are well prepared for future medical research
- We provide you with experience and awareness of health in an international setting.
- Research skills training
- Opportunities to experience rural and international health
We offer a combined undergraduate-MD program, with a 7 year duration, for high-school leavers who have achieved exceptional results.
The pathways are:
- Science (Advanced)-Medicine
- Medical Science-Medicine
Sydney Medical Program Statement of Expectations
The attributes and conduct that we expect and require from our students in the MD program are described in a document entitled the Sydney Medical Program Statement of Expectations (PDF).