All units of study within our postgraduate coursework programs in Medical Humanities and Bioethics can be taken as ‘stand-alone’ courses by people who are not enrolled in degree programs.
These will appeal to clinicians, researchers or other professionals working in health-related fields for the purposes of professional development or continuing education.
Some units of study are offered in intensive format, usually as workshops presented over 2-4 consecutive days.
Popular choices include:
- BETH 5202 Human and Animal Research Ethics
- BETH 5203 Ethics and Public Health
- BETH 5204 Clinical Ethics
- BETH 5205 Ethics and Mental Health
- MMHU6905 Medicine and Music
- PSYC5012 Health Communication: Risks, Decisions
- MMHU6908 Dignity
- PUBH5500 Advanced Qualitative Health Research
- QUAL5002 Qualitative Methodologies & Study Design
- QUAL5003 Qualitative Research: Analysis & Writing
For more information about the Bioethics program, please visit:
www.sydney.edu.au/bioethics or email
For more information about the Medical Humanities program, please contact , Medical Humanities Co-ordinator.
For more information about the Qualitative Health Research Program, please visit the Qualitative Health Research Professional Development page.