(Short course options)
All units of study within our postgraduate coursework programs in Health & Medical Humanities and Bioethics, and three of four core units of study in Qualitative Health Research can be taken as ‘stand-alone’ short courses by people who are not enrolled in degree programs.
These will appeal to clinicians, researchers or other professionals working in health-related fields for the purposes of professional development or continuing education.
Some units of study are offered in intensive format, usually as workshops presented over 2-4 consecutive days.
Popular choices include:
- BETH 5202 Human and Animal Research Ethics
- BETH 5203 Ethics and Public Health
- BETH 5204 Clinical Ethics
- BETH 5205 Ethics and Mental Health
- MMHU6905 Medicine and Music
- MMHU6908 Dignity
- PSYC5012 Health Communication: Risks, Decisions
- PUBH5500 Advanced Qualitative Health Research
- QUAL5002 Qualitative Methodologies & Study Design
- QUAL5003 Qualitative Research: Analysis & Writing
Choose from two enrolment options:
Option 1: Professional Development only
→ no assessments
→ certificate of completion but no academic transcript
→ no credit towards a University of Sydney degree
→ reduced fee
→ simple enrolment
Option 2: Formal Enrolment and Credit
→ assessments tasks must be completed
→ academic transcript and credit towards a University of Sydney degree
→ full fee
→ comprehensive enrolment
☛ ... about the
☛ ... about the Qualitative Health Research program.
☛ ... about the Health & Medical Humanities program: please contact , Health & Medical Humanities Program Co-ordinator.