- To develop and maintain clinically and socially relevant teaching for the Graduate Medical Program (GMP) in Sexually Transmitted Infections, (STIs) HIV, Sexual Health and related conditions at the University of Sydney;
- To develop and maintain a Masters program in HIV/STIs and sexual health, and develop new teaching modules and methods to ensure that the courses remain relevant to the target audience;
- To establish teaching programs for GPs and Trainee Sexual Health Physicians.
To develop a comprehensive research program aimed at:
- Improving STI diagnosis, treatment and follow-up;
- Increasing the understanding of the epidemiology, pathogenesis and immunobiology of STIs and related conditions;
- Reducing the consequences of STIs and related conditions;
- Improving the understanding of sexual behaviour and barriers to the implementation of safer sex practices.
- To act as advocate for Sexual Health Physicians, nurses, counsellors and allied health workers at local, national and international levels.
- To develop and maintain the highest level of culturally and socially appropriate clinical services for patients with or at risk of STIs and HIV and related sexual health issues.
- To develop and evaluate a health promotion strategy aimed at reducing the incidence and consequences of STIs and HIV.