MHSSH NURSING STREAM
The HIV, STI and Sexual Health Program provides high levels of knowledge and skills in the understanding and control of HIV, STIs and other sexual health issues. Our comprehensive program will give you an opportunity to develop your skills in a multidisciplinary, research-rich environment.
- Recent nursing graduates interested in pursuing a career in HIV, STIs and Sexual Health.
- Nursing professionals who deal with HIV, STIs and Sexual Health issues as a part of their professional work and wish to gain greater knowledge and understanding in these areas. This includes those currently working in Sexual Health Clinics, Family Planning Clinics, Women’s Health and associated specialities elsewhere.
Students may enrol into one of the following:
- Individual units of study (subject to approval by the unit of study Coordinator)
- The Masters of HIV, STIs and Sexual Health (MHSSH) - Nursing stream (48 credit points)
- The Graduate Diploma in HIV, STIs and Sexual Health (GDipHSSH) - Nursing stream (36 credit points)
- A double degree of the MHSSH with a Master of Philosophy (MPhil). Please note that this is only available to AusAID-funded students.
- Students who successfully complete the MHSSH degree with a Credit grade (or higher) may apply for consideration to enrol in an intercalated MPhil degree program. Those who successfully complete their MPhil may use this as a one year contribution towards a three year PhD program.
A nursing degree from a recognised institution.