MHSSH PUBLIC HEALTH STREAM
The HIV, STI and Sexual Health Program provides high levels of knowledge and skills in the understanding and control of STIs, including HIV infection. Our comprehensive program will give you an opportunity to develop your skills in a multidisciplinary, research-rich environment.
- Health professionals, policy makers, public health practitioners and educators wishing to gain a more in depth knowledge and practical understanding in these areas.
- Recent science, medical science, social science, medicine graduates or other health discipline graduates interested in pursuing a career in public health aspects of HIV and/or STIs.
Students may enrol into one of the following:
- Individual units of study (subject to approval by the unit of study Coordinator)
- The Masters of HIV, STIs and Sexual Health (MHSSH) - Public Health stream (48 credit points)
- The Graduate Diploma in HIV, STIs and Sexual Health (GDipHSSH) Public Health stream (36 credit points)
- A double degree of the MHSSH with a Master of Philosophy (MPhil). Please note that this is only available to AusAID-funded students.
- Students who successfully complete the MHSSH degree with a Credit grade (or higher) may apply for consideration to enrol in an intercalated MPhil degree program. Those who successfully complete their MPhil may use this as a one year contribution towards a three year PhD program.
A graduate degree from a recognised institution.