Resources for health care professionals
Sexual health and family planning clinics
The following is a list of Australian organisations offering sexual and reproductive health services. Please note that the list is not exhaustive and STIRC makes no representations or guarantees about the services or information provided by these organisations.
- ASHM Directory HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Services
- Register of Public Sexual Health Clinics in Australia and New Zealand, published by the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Sexual Health and Family Planning ACT
- Family Planning NSW
- Family Planning Queensland
- Sexual Health Information, Networking and Education SA
- Family Planning Victoria
- FPWA Sexual Health Services
- STD Services, Royal Adelaide Hospital
STI and HIV management guidelines and monographs
- National Management Guidelines for Sexually Transmissible Infections, published by Sexual Health Society of Victoria
- Diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV infection), published by STD Services, Royal Adelaide Hospital (2005)
- Co-infection: HIV & Viral Hepatitis: a guide for clinical management, published by the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (2010)
- HIV, viral hepatitis and STIs: a guide for primary care, published by the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (2008)
- HIV Management in Australasia: a guide for clinical care, published by the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine
- HIV and hepatitis C: policy, discrimination. legal and ethical issues, published by the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2010 STD Treatment Guidelines
PDF available via CDC website
These journals offer full text of all published articles. Please note that in some cases registration is required. Full text content may not be available until some time after publication.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections Full text of selected content is freely available; all content over 12 months available following registration
- Herpes Full text available online.
- HIV Medicine Free access to articles over 2 years old.
- Australian Family Physician Full text available online. Special issues include Pelvic pain, November 2006 and Gynaecological malignancies, March 2007
- eMJA: The Medical Journal of Australia Full text available online. Articles on sexual health are listed.