We're excited to bring you the next edition of the Sydney University Museums magazine MUSE!
Find the hard copy at all of our venues, or simply click the image below to access the online copy.
You can also view all past issues of MUSE, Sydney University Museums Newsletter, and Macleay Museum News.
Features this issue:
- Jan Brazier offers a revealing perspective on the role of photography during war time
- Dr Georgina Cole describes the stunning transformation of an ink drawing in the Meagher collection achieved through conservation
- Michael Turner reviews the work and acquisitions made by former curator Arthur Dale Trendall ahead of the launch of the second Australian volume of the Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum.
- Dr Ann Stephen discusses artist John Power and the currently touring exhibition Abstraction- Creation, JW Power in Europe 1921-1938
- Chris Jones and Candace Richards report on an intriguing discovery connecting a necklace, F.S Kelly, Howard Carter and Rupert Brooke.
- Dr Craig Barker looks at the legacy of Augustus's image in the collections at the Nicholson Museum.
- Students from the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning were set an unusual task thanks to the collection of Geological specimens in the Macleay Museum
- Take a walk on the wild side... join Alan Speckman for a contemporary art walk across the Camperdown campus