We're excited to bring you the next edition of the Sydney University Museums magazine MUSE!
Find the hard copy at all of our venues, or simply click the image below to access the online copy.
You can also view all past issues of MUSE, Sydney University Museums Newsletter, and Macleay Museum News.
Features this issue:
- Rob Blackburn traces the collecting history of one of the Macleay Museum's largest entomological specimens to discover a tale of privateers and Auction houses.
- Chris Jones examines several Archibald prize winning portraits in the University Art Collection.
- Kyle Polite recounts the opening of the recent gift by the Heyko-Porebski family, a Le Corbusier tapestry.
- Tony Gill writes of a puzzling set of 'fish eyes' in the Macleay Collections.
- The first recipient of the Max Le Petit and Gwyneth Jones Nicholson Museum prize, Barney Casey, presents us with an abridged version of his prize winning essay.
- Professor Susan Best examines the work of artists Rosângela Rennó and Fiona Pardington ahead of a new exhibition in the University Art Gallery, part of the year long celebration of the 40th anniversary of International Women's Year.
- Suzanne Kortlucke farewells the Filter Queen.
- David Ellis rediscovers some extra-terrestrial specimens in the Macleay Museum's geology collection.