Fund Raising Overview
Since its inception in 1915, the Sydney Conservatorium of Music has been at the heart and the highest level of music education in Sydney and Australia. Charging ahead towards our centenary anniversary in 2015, the Con is on the move with many exciting new projects, all of which support our ambition to be a global centre of excellence in music by providing leading edge education, research and performance.
Achieving that aim can only be made possible with the loyal and whole-hearted support of our benefactors, who take enormous pleasure in seeing how their generosity helps young Australian musicians to realise their dreams.
In the build up to our centenary celebrations in 2015, The Con is seeking substantial financial support to strengthen our endowment fund to sustain priority projects including:
- Extending scholarship funding to at least 80% of our students ($10m)
- 8 Chairs of units ($32m)
- The annual opera program ($3m)
- The annual orchestral and ensemble regional and international touring schedule ($2m)
- Instrument acquisition and maintenance program ($1.2m)
- Increasing the scholarships available to postgraduate students ($5m)
- Open Academy Rising Stars ($4m)
Every gift is welcome and will be warmly acknowledged and appreciated.