Sydney University World Magazine Launch
30 October 2009
The November issue of the Sydney University World Magazine is now available.
This magazine is a tri-annual publication that focuses on the University's international activities with specific regions. This edition marks the first publication dedicated to our European partnerships.
Some of the achievements highlighted in this edition include:
- Dr Daniela Traini, Faculty of Pharmacy who is part of a new FP7 €1.7 million (A$2.7 million) funded project involving 17 world-leading research institutions which focuses on an exciting and new area of science called formulation science.
- Professor Trevor Hambley, member of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory Australia Working Group who discusses the University's plans for a new chemical biology research partner lab.
- Our Chairs of Departments of European languages talk about innovations in language teaching including online teaching, increased student exchange opportunities and more culture based subjects which are revitalising European language learning.
- Our new Study abroad internship program and the work experiences of three German students involved in the program.
- Professor Alex Frino, Professor of Finance, and students in his PhD program talk about the state of financial markets in Europe after the Global Financial Crisis.
- Our interview with the German Consul General highlights the strong collaborations that University of Sydney researchers have with German academics and the continued interest in mobility programs between our countries.
- Professor Georges Grau, Professor of Vascular Immunology from the University's Sydney Medical School, shares his insights into the culture, heritage and landscapes of Geneva - a city where he lived for over 18 years.
Contact: Michelle Wood
Phone: 02 9351 3191