Exploring Australia-China partnerships in sustainability
25 October 2013
The potential for groundbreaking partnerships in sustainable energy, transport, agribusiness and water will be explored at the 2013 Sydney China Business Forum presented by the University of Sydney'sChina Studies Centre.
The2013 Sydney China Business Forum, hosted by the City of Sydney, will bring to Australia leaders in sustainability from China.
They will join Australian business leaders and decision-makers to explore investment opportunities and issues in the key areas of sustainable energy, transport, agribusiness and water.
Keynote speakers include:
- Premier of New South Wales the Hon. Barry O'Farrell MP
- Consul-General of the People's Republic of China in Sydney H.E. Li Huaxin
- CEO of HSBC Bank Australia Mr Tony Cripps
- Vice General Manager of China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group Mr Zheng Qiyu
- Chairman of Worley Parsons Mr John Grill
- Deputy General Director of China Development Bank Mr Meng Gang
- leading representatives of China's sustainable energy, water, transport and agribusiness industries.
Deputy Premier of NSW the Hon. Andrew Stoner MP will launch the University of Sydney-KPMG reportDemystifying Chinese investment in Australian agribusiness.
China is the world's largest user of most forms of energy, apart from oil.The Chinese government has set out an ambitious plan in its current five-year program to decrease emissions and move towards a more sustainable energy and resource model by 2020. As part of that process, China has already become the world's largest user of solar and wind power, and has introduced major innovations in automotive and solar technology.
Executive Director of the University of Sydney's China Studies CentreProfessor Kerry Brownsaid sustainability was one of the biggest issues of our time.
"Sustainability is of critical importance to Australia and China. This year's forum will focus on opportunities for both countries to work together to find solutions to these complex issues," Professor Brown said.
HSBC Bank Australia is the major sponsor for this premier business event.
When:8:30am to 5pm, Tuesday 29 October.See the program
Where:Sydney Town Hall, 483 George Street, Sydney.See map
Participate and follow the discussion on Twitter by using#sydcbfor on Weibo#悉尼中国商业论坛#