4 May 2012
Employer: Business College of Shanxi University (BCSU)
Employer Information: The Business College of Shanxi University is a medium sized liberal arts college with a leafy single campus on the outskirts of Taiyuan city. The college has 16,379 students and 1,110 staff and teaches a broad range of undergraduate degrees to students largely between 19-23 years of age. The College currently has 8 overseas teaching staff from 7 countries. Applicants with an interest in studying Chinese (Mandarin) have the opportunity to take classes from the Colleges Chinese Language program for international students.
Location: Taiyuan City, Capital of Shanxi Province, People's Republic of China, 520 km west of Beijing.
Vacancies: 3 vacancies for 2012/13 academic year for English teachers. Teachers will be responsible for teaching undergraduate students at BCSU either (i) English as a foreign language (EFL) or (ii) English for specific academic purposes (range of business, IT and management subjects)
27th August 2012 to July 2013. Fixed term for 11 months. Renewable after year one upon mutual agreement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To teach 20 teaching periods (50 minutes each) per week. To prepare lessons and teaching materials where necessary and to mark students work as required. To play an active role in the life of the University staff and student community attending occasional ceremonial, student sporting and cultural activities relating to your role.
- A graduate or finalist in any discipline ( English for Specific Academic Purposes teachers will have degree in the relevant subject)
- Native speaker of English
- Teaching or experience working in leadership and/or mentoring roles with young adults or children
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in China and Chinese culture
- To be in good Physical health
- Under the age of 60
- DELTA, Trinity College Dip TESOL or PGCE with major TESOL component (or alternatively, CELTA or Trinity College Cert TESOL)
- Cultural awareness and experience living/travelling overseas
- Monthly salary: 5500 RMB for bachelor's degree holders/ 6000 RMB for Postgraduate degree holders. Holders ofESL (or equivalent) certificate and previous teaching experience will receive an additional salary supplement
- Accommodation: On campus fully furnished, air-conditioned one-bedroom apartment with private kitchen and bathroom.
- Round-trip air-fare to Beijing from Sydney (or other major Australian airport) will be provided in cash at the end of the 11 month contract.
- Paid holidays during Chinese national holiday periods. 70% of the salary paid for two months during the year when the school is on summer and winter vacations. 1 day off for Christmas.
- Sponsorship and processing of working visa during contract duration
Send current CV and brief covering letter covering your interest in this role to Professor Zhang Fenxi, Associate Dean of the International Office at BSCU. Suitable applicants will be interviewed by Skype.
June 6th, 2012
If you would like further information or an informal chat with a current member of staff please contact Kirsty Mattinson by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via Skype (kirsty539).