Long Service Awards
16 June 2009
Agriculture staff with a total of 110 years of service will be honoured at the University of Sydney's Long Service Awards Ceremony held at the Great Hall on Tuesday 23 June 2009.
The Dean, Professor Mark Adams, congratulates the following staff on their tremendous contribution to the Faculty and its students:
- Professor Ivan Kennedy, Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry
- Associate Professor Robyn McConchie, currently Director, RIAP
- Suneetha Medis, Technical Services
- Professor Robert Park, GRDC Chair of Cereal Rust Reseach, Plant Breeding Institute
- Kate Rudd, Plant Breeding Institute
- Associate Professor Balwant Singh, Soil Chemistry
Profile: Kate Rudd
Kate Rudd began her administrative career with the University of Sydney on 24 October 1983 as a junior typist in the Camden Farms Department. Her boss was distinguished alumna Liz Kernohan. After Kernohan entered political life, first as Mayor of Camden, then State MP, Kate moved up the ladder to serve as office manager and financial coordinator. She remains at Camden Campus working in the Plant Breeding Institute, Cobbitty.
"What I love about my career at Sydney University is the work/life balance. It's close to home, and is a collegial and rural setting... honestly, it's the people that make the place. And the place, Camden Campus, is a happy place to be," says Kate.
Contact: Skaidy Gulbis
Phone: 02 9036 6187