Public Seminar: Inheritance and Development of Traditional Tibetan Culture
16 September 2010
Professor Cirenjiabu has been the Director of the Institute of Religion Studies at the Academy of Social Sciences of the Tibet Autonomous Region, China since 1994. He received his Master's Degree in Tibetan History from the Ethnology Department of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in Beijing. From 2003 to 2004 he was a visting scholar at the Harvard-Yenching Institute.
In his lecture, Professor Cirenjiabu will cover the following topics:
- Development of the Tibetan language
- Preservation of cultural relics and documents
- Cultural customs and religious faiths
- Inheritance and development of culture and arts
- Rejuvenating traditional Tibetan medicine
- Development of press, publishing and broadcasting
Please note that this seminar will be delivered in Chinese.
Please visit our event page for further details.