Congratulating Robyn Watson on being appointed as President-elect of the IFDH
28 August 2013
Please join me in congratulating our Lecturer in Periodontics, Robyn Watson, recently appointed as President-elect of the International Federation of Dental Hygienists (IFDH) at its recent conference in Capetown, South Africa, at the end of which Robyn will then step up as President of the Federation.
Actively serving on the House of Delegates for nine years and Chairman of the Education and Research Committee, Robyn works tirelessly with her colleagues to promote world-wide dental health through its constitution to:
- Safeguard and defend the interests of the profession of dental hygiene, represent and advance the profession of dental hygiene.
- Promote professional alliances with its association members as well as with other associations, federations and organisations whose objectives are similar.
- Promote and coordinate the exchange of knowledge and information about the profession, its education, and its practice.
- Promote access to quality preventive oral health services.
- Increase public awareness that oral disease can be prevented through proven regimens.
- Provide a forum for the understanding and discussion of issues pertaining to dental hygiene
Prof Chris Peck
The Dean, Faculty of Dentistry.
Contact: Denise Fischer
Phone: 02 9351 8300