Faculty of Health Sciences 30th Anniversary at Cumberland Campus
22 October 2009
Visit your local university campus to find out more about healthy living and what we do here at Cumberland!
On Saturday 31 October, 2009 the University of Sydney's Faculty of Health Sciences will be throwing open its doors to Sydneysiders to mark the 30th Anniversary of the Faculty at the Cumberland Campus in Lidcombe.
Over 20,000 alumni, 5000 current students and the local community are welcomed back to campus for a fun-filled day of activities, including:
- Interactive health checks ranging from eye testing to accessing cardio fitness and muscle strength;
- Sporting demonstrations from Cumberland's Uni Games champions and the 'Rollers' Australian Men's National Basketball team;
- Networking reunion for alumni and health professionals opened by Vice Chancellor of the University of Sydney, Dr Michael Spence;
- Study fair for prospective students;
- Entertainment with a live band and barbeque;
- Children's activities including face painting and jumping castles.
The Health Sciences Research Symposium from 1pm will provide a stimulating afternoon of bite-sized presentations from the Faculty's leading scientists exploring health issues ranging from the work life battle to the importance of children's play in tackling obesity.
The Honourable John Aquilina, MP will make an official address as part of the opening ceremony, hosted by the Dean, Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn, to launch the festivities.
All activities and public transport from Lidcombe station are free!
Time: Official ceremony 12pm | Research Symposium 1pm
Location: Cumberland Campus | 75 East Street, Lidcombe
More information and registrations:www.fhs.usyd.edu.au/anniversary