2009 Peter Cameron Sydney Oxford Scholarship11 November 2008
Applications are now open for the 2009 Peter Cameron Sydney Oxford Scholarship.
The Scholarship was established by the Law School and the Cameron family through contributions from the friends and colleagues of the late Peter Cameron to promote further study in Law at the completion of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
The scholarship is awarded under the following conditions:
- The value of the scholarship will be $30,000, payable as a one-off payment
- The scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Law, on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted by the Dean
- The scholarship shall be awarded to enable a Law graduand/graduate to undertake a Bachelor Civil Law, or an equivalent Law degree as determined by the Dean, at the University of Oxford
- The tenure of the scholarship is one year. Payment is conditional on acceptance into the Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) degree program. The student may be required to re-pay the scholarship if they withdraw from the degree before completion
- The scholarship shall be open to graduands and graduates who are not of more than one year's standing from the dated of their graduation in the Faculty of Law at the close of applications
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent resident status
- Criteria for selection will be academic performance in the Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and community service
Download the application form.
Contact: Greg Sherington
Phone: +61 2 9351 0202