Sydney Law School will deliver 20 units of study as part of its Taxation Program in semester 2 2010.
The following units of study are on offer:
- Australian Import/Export Laws - Adjuct Associate Professor Alan Bennett, Alan Bennett Legal
- Capital Gains Tax - Professor Michael Dirkis
- Carbon Trading, Derivatives and Taxation - Professor Rosemary Lyster, Celeste Black, Dr Tim Stephens and Scott Farrell, Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- Chinese International Taxation - Professor Jinyan Li, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Canada
- Comparative Income Taxation -Professor Tim Edgar
- Comparative Taxation of Financial Transactions -Professor Tim Edgar
- Law of Asset Protection - Dr David Chaikin, Faculty of Economics & Business, University of Sydney
- Law of Tax Administration - Adjunct Professor Cynthia Coleman, Faculty of Economics & Business, University of Sydney
- Public Policy - Professor Patricia Apps
- Stamp Duties - Mark Richmond, Selborne Chambers, Sydney, Richard Giannone, Freehills, Sydney and Peter Green, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- Taxation of Business & Investment Income B - Professor Graeme Cooper
- Tax of CFCs, FIFs and Transferor Trusts - Professor Michael Dirkis
- Tax Treaties Special Issues - Professor Richard Vann
- Taxation of Corporate Finance - Professor Graeme Cooper
- Taxation of Corporate Groups - Professor Richard Vann
- Taxation of Mergers and Acquisitions - Professor Graeme Cooper
- Taxation of Superannuation and Insurance - Shayne Carter, Freehills, Sydney and Andrew Mills, Greenwood & Freehills, Sydney
- The Impact of Tax on Business Structures & Operations - Chloe Burnett
- Transfer Pricing in International Taxation - Melissa Heath, Ernst & Young, Sydney
- US International Taxation - Professor Stafford Smiley, Caplin and Drysdale Attorneys, USA
These units of study are available to study through the following Sydney Law School degree programmes:
Candidates can also enrol in the subject on a Legal Professional Development (LPD), Single Unit Enrolment or Cross-Institutional basis.
The unitsalso meet the training and development requirements of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICCA).
The units are taught by members of the Ross Parsons Centre of Commercial, Corporate and Taxation Law and our distinguished international visiting and adjunct faculty.
For further enquiries or to apply or enrol, please contact the Postgraduate Team.