2012 Justice Peter Hely Scholarship Opens
30 November 2011
Applications are now open for the 2012 Justice Peter Hely Scholarship. The Scholarship was established by the Law School through contributions from the friends and colleagues of the late Justice Peter Hely to promote postgraduate study in the fields of commercial law and equity.
The scholarship shall be awarded under the following conditions:
1. The value of the scholarship will be $18 700, payable as a one-off payment.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Law, on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted by the Dean.
3. The scholarship shall be awarded to enable a Law graduand/graduate to undertake a postgraduate degree in Law, either by research or coursework, at the University of Sydney or any other appropriate university.
4. Payment is conditional on acceptance into an appropriate Law degree program. The student may be required to re-pay the scholarship if they withdraw from the degree before completion.
5. The scholarship shall be open to final year students, graduands and graduates of the Faculty of Law at the University of Sydney.
6. Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent resident status.
7. Criteria for selection will be academic performance in the Bachelor of Laws, Juris Doctor, Master of Laws, or equivalent, and community service.
Applications close on Friday, 17 February 2012.
Download an application form
Contact: Peter Finneran
Phone: +61 2 9351 0224