Queen's Birthday Honours for alumni and friends13 June 2012
Alumni and friends of Sydney Law School were recognised in the latest round of Queen's Birthday Honours, announced on Monday 11 June 2012.
Among our alumni in receipt of this prestigious appointment are:
- The Hon Gareth Evans AC QC (LLD 2008)- AC for eminent service to international relations, particularly in the Asia Pacific Region as an adviser to governments on a range of global policy matters, to conflict prevention and resolution, and to arms control and disarmament.
- John Carlson AM (LLB 1970,GradDipJur 1971) - AM for service to public administration, particularly in the areas of nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament, and to the development of international safeguards policy.
- His Hon Judge Kenneth Taylor AM RFD (LLB 1971)- AM for service to the judiciary, to the law, and to the community through contributions in the areas of privacy, freedom of information, and in health and patient care matters.
- Dr Phillip Tahmindjis AM (LLB 1975)- AM for service to the international community, and to the law, as a contributor and advocate for the promotion and protection of human rights.
- Carl Reid OAM (LLB 1971) - OAM for service to the Jewish community, particularly through contributions to the management of schools and through the United Israel Appeal of New South Wales.
- Colonel Leslie Young OAM (DipCrim 1987) - OAM for service to veterans and their families.
Friends of the Sydney Law School were also honoured:
- Professor Peter Singer AC- AC for eminent service to philosophy and bioethics as a leader of public debate and communicator of ideas in the areas of global poverty, animal welfare and the human condition.
- Mrs Alice Spigelman AM- AM for service to the community as an advocate for human rights and social justice, particularly for women and refugees, and through contributions to cultural organisations.
Congratulations to our alumni and friends on this wonderful achievement.
Contact: Jenifer Waters
Phone: +61 2 9351 0294