Developments in Corporate Governance - East Meets West
6 June 2014 to 7 June 2014
To register for this conferenceCLICK HERE
Please note: Individual online registrations MUST be paid by Mastercard or VISA. To pay by cheque or arrange a group registration, please email@example.com for an invoice. We apologise for any inconvenience.
This two day conference discusses key developments in the field of corporate governance in Australia, the United States and Asia. The conference is convened jointly by Sydney Law School, Vanderbilt University, National Taiwan University and Seoul National University, and includes many leading national and international scholars in the field of corporate governance.
The conference will traverse a range of topical contemporary issues in corporate governance including;
- transplantation of legal principles from West to East;
- the role of the board of directors, and the rise of independent directors in Asia;
- corporate wrongdoing and whistleblowing as a regulatory technique;
- regulation of financial markets;
- the regulation of executive remuneration, through shareholder 'say on pay';
- hedge fund activism and issues relating to market manipulation;
- the role of government in corporate activities and cross border transactions.
- Dr Robert Austin, Minter Ellison & Sydney Law School
- Professor Vivienne Bath, Sydney Law School
- Dr. Margaret M. Blair, Professor of Law, Milton R. Underwood Chair in Free Enterprise, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Professor Kyung-Hoon Chun, Seoul National University
- Dr Olivia Dixon, University of Sydney Law School
- Kent Greenfield, Professor and Law School Fund Research Scholar, Boston College of Law
- Professor Jennifer Hill, Professor of Corporate Law, Sydney Law School
- Professor Ron Masulis, Australian School of Business, UNSW
- Professor Luke Nottage, Sydney Law School
- Dr Greg O'Mahoney, NSW Bar & Sydney Law School
- Frank Partnoy, Georgia E. Barrett Professor of Law and Finance, University of San Diego
- Professor Amanda M. Rose, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Professor Hyeok-Joon Rho, Seoul National University
- Ching-Ping Shao, College of Law, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Morgan Ricks, Assistant Professor of Law, Vanderbilt Law School
- Randall S. Thomas, John S. Beasley II Professor of Law and Business, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Wen-yeu Wang, Professor of Law, National Taiwan University College of Law
- Yesha Yadav, Assistant Professor of Law, Vanderbilt Law School
Click here to download the full program.
Full Fee $450
Alumni rate $350
Academic rate $225
Student rate $150
Day registration (Friday or Saturday) $275
Law & Business Program 2014
Sydney Law School is pleased to announce its Law & Business Program for 2014. Students can also enrol in single units as part of their professional development under the Legal Professional Development program (LPD). Single unit enrolment students are not required to undertake assignments or examinations.
Click here for more information.
Contact: Professional Learning and Community Engagement
Phone: 02 9351 0429