Master of Pharmacy - Information sessions for future students
22 July 2010
Are you interested in a career as a pharmacist? The Master of Pharmacy is an innovative postgraduate entry program designed for those wishing to fast track a rewarding and challenging career in the Pharmacy profession. Applications for this program close at the end of August and must be submitted through the Australian Council for Educational Research(ACER).
Dr Tim Chen, course coordinator for the Master of Pharmacy, will host five information sessions starting on 29 July 2010, to give an overview of the application process and answer questions on course content and potential career options.
Information sessions will be held on:
- Thursday 29 July, 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Pharmacy Lecture Theatre, Pharmacy Building (A15)
- Thursday 5 August, 2.00pm - 3.00pm - Pharmacy Lecture Theatre, Pharmacy Building (A15)
- Thursday 12 August, 2.00pm - 3.00pm - Room N336/8, Pharmacy Building (A15)
- Thursday 12 August 6.00pm - 6 30pm - Health Faculties Careers Forum, MacLaurin Hall, Main Quadrangle (A14)
- Thursday 19 August, 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Pharmacy Lecture Theatre, Pharmacy Building (A15)
To register for a session please contact:
Contact: Josh Leuner, Student Services Officer - Postgraduate
Phone: +61 2 9036 9552
Entry to the Master of Pharmacy is highly competitive. To be considered for admission, applicants must have a prior bachelor's degree and meet the minimum requirements for the Graduate Australian Medical Admissions Test (GAMSAT) for local students or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) for international students.
Applicants must also meet the minimum GPA requirement and have completed a minimum of 42 out of 54 credit point in the seven essential prerequisite subjects within the last five years.Competitive candidates will be asked to take part in a Pharmacy Case Study Scenario.
Further information on the Master of Pharmacy can be found on our Future Students page.
Contact: Claire Riordan
Phone: 02 9351 2311