eResearch funding opportunity for researchers: NeCTAR
24 February 2011
The National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources (NeCTAR) project is part of the Australian government's Super Science Initiative and has $47 million funding over four years. Grants will be available soon for the development and delivery of a range of 'eResearch' services and tools that focus on collaboration.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and peak eResearch organisation Intersect Ltd are looking to promote research groups and identify projects to which they could provide both engineering services and in-kind support.
NeCTAR will look for projects developing tools or services that:
- enhance your capabilities from a remote access, real‐time interaction, or workflow perspective
- enhance your support for collaborative work, or
- increase functionality based on real‐time and back‐end access to other tools and services.
The current timeline for NeCTAR is:
- February: draft plan released for comment
- March: responses to draft plan due
- End of March: Project Board approves final project plan before submission to the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research by 31 March
- End April 2011: final plan released
ICT expects the initial call for project proposals once the plan is released in April. Find out more about the overall project on the NeCTAR website. If you have any questions contact the ICT eResearch team.