Staff scholarships for social inclusion conferences
26 May 2011
The Social Inclusion Unit and the Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL) are offering 30 scholarships to facilitate your attendance at a selection of international conferences on social inclusion.
The aim of the scholarships is to identify and support future leaders of social inclusion at the University. The University is committed to increasing the participation of students of promise from low socio-economic backgrounds, regional and remote areas and Indigenous students. It is also committed to building our research agenda on social inclusion/exclusion and supporting the development of teaching and learning activities that support student engagement.
Scholarships of $1000 are available to successful applicants to attend one of the following:
- 14th Pacific Rim First Year in Higher Education Conference 2011: 'Design for student success' Fremantle, WA
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia conference 2011: 'Higher Education on the edge' Gold Coast, QLD
- Equal Opportunity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia conference 2011: 'Voices for equity' Auckland, NZ
- 1st International Australasian Conference on Enabling Access to Higher Education 2011 Adelaide, SA
- Expressions of interest are now open and all academic and general staff are eligible to apply. For more information visit the ITL website today.
Expressions of interest close Friday 10 June.