Grand Challenges Explorations: grant proposals now being accepted
24 August 2011
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is now accepting grant proposals for Round 8 of Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions.
The initiative offers scientists, inventors, and entrepreneurs from around the world the opportunity toreceive $100,000 grants.
Applicants can be:
- at any experience level;
- in any discipline and
- from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for profit companies.
Grant proposals are being accepted online until November 17, 2011 on the following topics:
- Protect crop plants from biotic stresses from field to market
- Design new approaches to optimize immunization systems
- Explore new solutions in global health priority areas
- Explore nutrition for healthy growth of infants and children
- Apply synthetic biology to global health challenges
Contact: Kate Taylor
Phone: 8627 8137