Apply: Dairy innovation research grants
21 October 2011
Apply now for grants offered by the Dairy Innovation Australia Limited (DIAL).
DIAL funds research with private research organisations, research institutes, universities and Government bodies. DIAL conducts research in food technology, engineering, microbiology, health and nutrition for the Australian Dairy Industry.
Specific priority areas for the DIAL 2011 Research Grants scheme are:
- Extended shelf life of milk and fresh dairy products (eg; yogurts, custards and desserts)
- New packaging technologies across the supply chain ( targets include improved sustainability, product quality, shelf life)
- Use of novel membrane technologies in milk transport, preservation and for applying concentrates and permeates in dairy product manufacture
- Waste management in dairy processing:
- Technologies for reduction and reuse of acid whey
- Technologies to reduce solid waste, packaging waste, etc
- Technologies for the measuring, monitoring and modelling of waste streams.
Rapid testing methods for dairy product quality (eg: milk quality, processing quality and shelf life quality)
- Technologies and reformulation strategies to reduce sugars and other additives in dairy products.
- Design and construction of a searchable and expandable database for dairy research.
Applications open: 17 October 2011
Expressions of interest close: 25 November 2011
Applications close: 9 December 2011
Find out more at the Dairy Innovation Australia website.Follow Sydney Research Support on Twitter