ARC Linkage Funding Rules: significant changes in 2013
27 July 2012
The ARC has released the Funding Rules for Linkage grants for funding in 2013 and there are some significant changes. If you are intending to apply it is recommended you have a look at the new rules to see how they may affect you.
Some notable changes are:
- There will only be one round of Linkage for funding in 2013.
- Minimum funding available has been increased to $50,000 and the maximum has been reduced to $300,000
- Projects can now only run for 2 to 3 consecutive years
- Australian Postdoctoral Fellowship (Industry) (APDI) and Linkage Industry Fellowship (LIF) personnel packages are no longer available as part of the award
- Travel has been restricted to Chief Ivestigators (CIs) and Partner Investigators (PIs) and cannot exceed $50,000 over the life of the project
- The combined Partner Organisation(s) eligible cash contribution has been increased to a minimum of 25% of the total funding requested from the ARC
- There must be at least one PI from each Partner Organisation
- Teaching relief for all CIs restricted to total of $40,000 per year
RMS is expected to open for proposals in September and the ARC closing date is 14 November 2012. The internal closing date for University of Sydney applications will be 31 October. As soon as the ARC Instructions for Applicants are available a tailored University of Sydney version will be put on the Research Support website.
Contact: Joanne Elliot