18th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the History of the Neurosciences
18 June 2013 to 22 June 2013
Leading neuroscientists from the Brain and Mind Research Institute (BMRI) are presenting at the 18th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the History of the Neurosciences (ISHN), to held in Sydney between 18 and 22 June.
Features of this year's meeting include:
- sessions on "Early neuroscience", "Mind, vision and motion", "Neuroscience and the arts", "Neuroscience in Russia", and "German neurology and biological psychiatry 1885 to 1945".
- a number of invited lectures, including Max Bennett ("Dendritic spines, neurofibrils and synapses in the 19th century", BMRI), Nicholas Rasmussen (" Amphetamine, the first antidepressant"), David Burke ("Microneurography and its introduction to Australia"), and Manuel Graeber ("Alzheimer's disease: History of the original histological slides", BMRI).
- Historical Aspects of Movement Disorders: A day-long joint symposium with the Movement Disorders Society.
- Infectious Disease and Neuroscience: To be held at the Old Quarantine Station on North Head.
- A Celebration of Neuroscience in Australia and New Zealand: To be held at Sydney Hospital in Macquarie Street.
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Location: Law School Lecture Theatre
Cost: $100 - $390
Contact: Paul Foley
More info: http://www.ishn.org/