Social determinants of health: innovations in policy and practice
27 July 2012
There are various underlying social determinants that affect the health of populations. The rhetoric surrounding the social determinants of health often focuses on the problem without providing actual solutions to the issue. The aim of this forum will be to provide examples of "health in all policies".
This forum provides an opportunity to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and foster ongoing exchange between reseach and policy making perspectives. It will feature the following experts in the field of the social determinants of health:
- Professor Stephen Simpson, Director, Charles Perkins Centre (Introduction & Welcome)
- Professor Peter Sainsbury,Director of Population Health in South Western Sydney
- Deb Wildgoose, Senior Project Officer, Health in all Policies Unit, South Australia Health
- Isobel Ludford, Project Officer, Health in all Policies Unit, South Australia Health
- Dr Stacy Carter,Centre for Values, Ethics & Law in Medicine, University of Sydney
- Professor Alan Cass,Senior Director, Renal & Metabolic Division, George Insitute for Global Health
- Professor John MacDonald, School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney
- Dr Catherine Hawke, School of Rural Health, University of Sydney
- Centre for Population Health, NSW Ministry of Health
This event is presented by the Sydney Health Policy Network, The Charles Perkins Centre and Sydney's Health and Society Group.
To RSVP and find out more, visit the Sydney Health Policy Network website.
Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Location: Eastern Avenue Lecture Theatre
Cost: Free: please email the Sydney Health Policy Network with RSVPs by 20 July 2012
Contact: Sydney Health Policy Network
Phone: 02 9036 5443