4th IPOS Symposium: Low Frequency Photonics: Bridging the Gap
5 November 2012 to 6 November 2012
This year's symposium, organised by the Institute of Photonics and Optical Science (IPOS), will bring together researchers from Australia and around the world in the fields of photonics and optics. It will focus on the optical physics and technology, application and future directions in the mid-infrared, terahertz waves and microwave regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
A key goal of the symposium is to seek ways to "bridge the gap" between near infrared photonics and the optics at these longer wavelength regions critical to many existing and future applications.
Invited speakers include:
- Mary O'Kane, NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer, will give the opening address.
- Dan Mittleman, Rice University, USA, speaking on terahertz surface plasmons.
- José Capmany, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain, speaking about integrated microwave photonics.
- Roberto Morandotti, Centre Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications, Canada, speaking nonlinear terahertz science.
- Lorenzo Faraone, The University of Western Australia, speaking about multispectral infrared photodetectors.
When: Monday, 5 & Tuesday, 6 November 2012, Registration from 9am
Where: Eastern Avenue Lecture Theatre (Level 1), Eastern Avenue Complex, University of Sydney
Cost: FREE, but REGISTRATION is essential
Contact: Vera Brinkel
Phone: +61 2 9351 2637