Message from the HR Director: notification process for staff taking industrial action on 5 June
6 June 2013
Further to my email of 31 May, please remember that if you are continuing or fixed-term staff and you took industrial action on Wednesday 5 June, you need to notify the University so that you are not paid for the time off.
Thank you to those staff who have already notified the University. If you have yet to do so, please:
- Log on to myHRonline in the usual manner.
- Navigate to "Leave Bookings Request" by clicking on "My HR" then "Leave".
- Select "Whole Day Leave Booking" or "Part Day Leave Booking" as appropriate.
- Select "Absence to participate in industrial action" in the drop-down menu under "Leave Type" and indicate the number of hours you were on strike.
- Click "insert".
I would be grateful if you could do this by no later than 5pm on Friday 7 June 2013. You will receive an email from myHRonline when your notification has been processed, but your supervisor will not be asked to approve your notification, as is usually the case with applications for leave made through myHRonline.
- Continuing or fixed-term members of staff who did not take industrial action are not required to notify the University.
- Casual employees or Affiliates are also not required to notify the University.
If you have any questions please speak to your supervisor or HR adviser.
Thank you for your cooperation.