University-wide public event calendar launched
8 December 2011
A new calendaring system has been launched, which acts as a central source of information for events occurring around the University.
The new system provides functionality to enable the University to manage the scheduling aspect of planning events, as well as a vehicle to promote University events.
With over 1000 events each year, this has numerous benefits for staff, students and external audiences, mostly around ease of use, clarity and an improved customer experience.
The new calendar provides the following innovations:
- view planned events to avoid scheduling clashes
- choose where and how events are promoted
- add event images, videos and links
- highlight events of University-wide significance
- function to 'add event to my calendar'
- social media links
- simple inbuilt registration system.