Wi-fi just got easier
8 March 2012
Connect to the new University wireless network 'UniSydney' and forget about having to use VPN!
To connect your laptop, smart phone or tablet to the University wireless network:
- Enable wireless on your device.
- Connect to the 'UniSydney' wireless network.
- Click 'Connect' or 'Join'.
- When prompted for your credentials, enter:
username: your UniKey (eg 'abcd1234')
password: your UniKey password.
- If you receive a warning to install/trust a security certificate, click 'Connect' or 'Accept'.
Visit the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) website for more information about the wireless system, including where to find wireless access points on campus.
The 'usyd' network will be phased out over the coming months - so we encourage you to connect to the new UniSydney network on all your devices.
If you experience any issues connecting to the network, please contact the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000.