Improved position description template
31 May 2012
Human Resources (HR) has made changes to the University's position description template. It is an important tool in clarifying the duties and responsibilities of a staff member's role.
The template has been updated to incorporate new features and make it more user-friendly. An accurate and up-to-date position description provides clarity on the duties and responsibilities of a staff member's role.
The main changes to the template include:
- new file format to allow easier use on any operating system and version control between edits
- updated explanatory text to better describe what is needed for each section
- updated section on work health and safety
- inclusion of the position number and primary position activity
- a new appendix to accommodate additional criteria such as service level agreements, team goals, portfolio information etc.