New performance planning and development framework proposed
7 June 2012
The University has published a revised performance management and development policy for comment. The proposed revisions aim to make it easier for you to identify and receive the support you need to achieve your development and career-planning goals.
The main features of the revised performance, planning and development (PP&D) policy framework include:
- a more structured approach to PP&D discussions with a greater emphasis on supervisors providing guidance and mentoring to staff
- the ability for supervisors to nominate an 'adviser' to assist them in conducting PP&D reviews
- changes to the evaluation methodology for academic and general staff
- new key performance areas aligned to the University's 2011-15 Strategic Plan
- a requirement for academic staff to participate in the review process in order to participate in the Special Studies Program and apply for promotion.
Once the revised policy is approved, changes to the PP&D processes for academic and general staff will be rolled out later this year. More information about the planned changes will be available following agreement on the policy revisions.