New scholarship offered for a rural student
27 June 2014
Starting in 2015, this Scholarship is for an outstanding student from a rural area to study in our new Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program with the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney.
The Swan Family Scholarship will provide the successful candidate with $6,000 per year for each year of the DVM program, so $24,000 in total.
The student awarded The Swan Family Scholarship will be someone who is able to articulately voice rural concerns and contribute to constructive, contextual debate.
The criteria for selection are:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- a high-achieving, rural applicant who is eligible for enrolment in the DVM in the year of the award
- evidence of direct experience in the rural sector
- demonstration of an active interest in rural affairs and a desire to contribute to issues affecting the future of rural Australia
- demonstration of how a Scholarship would assist in achieving their education and career goals.
Then, for the continuation of the scholarship:
- demonstrating annually, exemplary academic progress.
The student must already have completed an undergraduate degree, and full details for admission to the new DVM program are on our website. The Faculty will be selecting from a group of students identified on the basis of exceptional academic achievement, proven leadership ability and personal character. We will be looking for their commitment to their community, and their willingness to help and inspire others.
If you are interested in applying for The Swan Family Scholarship, or if you would like more information, please contact:
Contact: Veronica Boulton
Phone: 02 9351 6932 or 0412 331 847