For postgraduate applications
Before you apply online, you need to get together a number of documents which you will need to upload with your application.
Online applications are made directly to the University and assessed by Sydney Nursing School.
Along with your online application you will need to upload whatever documents you have from the following list
- academic transcripts from institutions other than the University of Sydney or clinical qualifications/achievements
- any degrees or diplomas, any documentation evidencing postgraduate professional development
- any document, from an Australian state or territory, of current authority to practise as a registered nurse
- Clinical Assessment form See feature pane box, right-hand side of this web page
(only required for Emergency Nursing and Intensive Care Nursing)
- CV citing nursing employment experience (position, start and end dates, employer, FT, PT or casual)
- passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate
- marriage certificate or other appropriate documentation, if your name has changed
- evidence of English proficiency (ie IELTS test results) if appropriate
- any other relevant documentation that you feel may support your application
All documents must be uploaded with your application.
- letter of support from your Primary Clinical Supervisor, along with his/her CV
- minimum of 2 references from senior clinicians attesting to your advanced practice experience and capabilities. Referees should be your line manager (senior nurse) or a senior colleague who has had an established clinical relationship with you over a minimum of one year
- letter of support from your director of nursing or equivalent nurse manager indicating that you will be supported to carry out the 300 advanced clinical practice hours at your institution while you are enrolled in the degree
- your CV which details both clinical and educational experience