Contact information

Your contact details
Student cards | Email communication | Emergency contacts | Changing your contact details |

Contacting staff
Contacting staff | Contacting academic staff | Contacting unit of study coordinators | Finding a Justic of the Peace (JP)

Student cards

Student cards are issued by the University and will be mailed to you after you are enrolled. The Card Centre webpage provides further information on using your student card.

Email communication

To ensure you are kept informed of important details throughout your enrolment the University provides each student with an official email address upon enrolment. This address will be the main avenue of communication throughout your enrolment and therefore you are strongly encouraged to check it regularly so you can receive important information.

Some tips for email communication

  • Use your University email account for all email correspondence, so that we can easily identify you.
  • We want to ensure you receive all information that is important to you. If using an auto-forward to a personal account, please check that it is functioning properly. Where a bounce back is received it is often not possible to identify the owner of the personal email account.

Emergency contacts

If emergency situations may arise we need to contact a family member or other person on your behalf. So that we have up to date contact information, you need to log in to MyUni and provide two complete contacts for emergency situations:

  • click on the MyAdmin tab
  • click on the Login to student administration text link
  • in the On-Line Service Listing list, click on Emergency Contact Information
  • click Add, add your emergency contact details (note the mandatory fields) and click save changes
  • repeat the previous point for your second contact

Ideally, one contact should be your next of kin or another family member, but it is up to you to choose who the University should contact on your behalf in an emergency situation. Please update the information you provide if any changes occur.

While we are encouraging all students to provide emergency contact information, it is essential if you participate in field work, go on any excursions as part of your course requirements, or participate in a unit of study which includes an overseas trip.

It is also essential that you provide emergency contact information if you are an international student, as the University is required under the ESOS Act 2000 to obtain this information from you.

Please note that the University of Sydney abides by the Privacy Legislation and the contact details you provide us would only be used in emergency situations.

Changing your contact details

Changes in contact details can be made via the MyUni student portal.

  • Onshore students
    To ensure you don't miss vital pieces of information, please ensure your contact details are up to date at all times.
  • Offshore students – Singapore
    In addition to changing your contact details through MyUni as outlined for on-shore students, you are required to lodge a change of contact details form at SIM.


Whether you contact staff by email or by leaving a voicemail message, you will get a prompt response from staff regarding your enquiries, if you provide these 6 essential details:

  • your full name
  • student number
  • the reason for your call
  • the name of the unit of study or course in which you are enrolled (if applicable)
  • the best time to return your call, or a selection of times, and
  • the best number/s to reach you on.
Contacting academic staff

You can find contact details for academic staff in our website. These details can also be found in the printed unit of study outlines. Academic staff usually have designated times for student consultation. Please contact the relevant staff member to make an appointment or view the consultation times on office doors.

Contacting unit of study coordinators

Each unit of study for every course at Sydney Nursing School has a coordinator responsible for that unit. Your unit of study coordinator is able to advise and guide you, and help you to manage that unit.

Justice of the Peace (JP)

Our JP Service is available at Nursing Student Services, during counter hours.

Please note: JPs provide a voluntary service in addition to employment and other commitments and cannot provide services to people outside University working hours. Please be aware that it may not be convenient for JPs to provide a service in every instance when requested. In such cases JPs may require you to make alternate arrangements, for example, an appointment for a later date.